Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology he has said that it is in the process of amending the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011, to make the intermediaries more responsive and accountable.
Information Technology Intermediaries Guidelines Rules, 2011
- The intermediary, on whose computer system the information is stored, upon obtaining knowledge by itself or being brought to actual knowledge by an affected person about any such information, shall act within thirty six hours and work with the owner of such information to disable such information.
- The intermediary shall inform its users that in case of non-compliance with rules and regulations, the intermediary has the right to immediately terminate the access or usage rights of the users to the computer resource of Intermediary and remove non compliant information
- When required by lawful order, the intermediary shall provide information or any such assistance to government agencies who are lawfully authorised for investigative, protective, cyber security activity.
- The intermediary shall publish on its website the name of the Grievance Officer and his contact details as well as mechanism by which users or any victim who suffers can notify their complaints
- The intermediary shall take all reasonable measures to secure its computer resource and information contained therein following the reasonable security practices and procedures as prescribed in the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal Information) Rules, 2011.
- The intermediary shall report cyber security incidents and also share cyber security incidents related information with the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team.