In news-Recently, the Prime Ministerof India inaugurated InFinity Forum, a thought leadership Forum on FinTech via video conferencing.
About the forum-
- InFinity Forum was hosted by International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), under the aegis of Government of India in collaboration with GIFT City and Bloomberg on December 3 and 4, 2021.
- Indonesia, South Africa and the U.K. are partner countries in the first edition of the Forum.
- It brings together the leading minds of the world in policy, business, and technology to discuss and come up with actionable insight into how technology and innovation can be leveraged by the FinTech industry for inclusive growth and serving humanity at large.
- Theme of the forum was ‘Beyond’; with various sub themes including
- FinTech beyond boundaries, with governments and businesses focussing beyond the geographical boundaries in the development of global stack to promote financial inclusiveness.
- FinTech beyond Finance, by having convergence with emerging areas such as SpaceTech, GreenTech and AgriTech to drive sustainable development.
- FinTech Beyond Next, with focus on how Quantum Computing could impact the nature of Fintech industry in the future and promote new opportunities.
- NITI Aayog, NASSCOM, FICCI and Invest India are the domestic partners of the programme.
About the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA)-
- IFSCA is headquartered at GIFT City, Gandhinagar Gujarat.
- It has been established under the International Financial Services Centres Authority Act, 2019.
- It works as a unified authority for the development and regulation of financial products, financial services and financial institutions in the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in India.
- At present, the GIFT IFSC is the maiden international financial services centre in India.