Source: Press Information Bureau
- Exercise KAZIND-2019 is the fourth edition of an annual event which is conducted alternatively in Kazakhstan and India.
- This year it was held at Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand, India
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct company level joint training with emphasis on counter terrorism operations in mountainous terrain.
- The exercise comprised of nearly 100 soldiers from both Indian and Kazakhstan Army who shared their experience gained during conduct of various counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations in the past.
- During the exercise, aspects of emerging trends of global terrorism and hybrid warfare have also been included.
The joint military exercise will enhance the level of defence cooperation further fostering bilateral relations between the two nations.