Source: Press Information Bureau
- Joint Military Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN-219 between India and Japan will be conducted at Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School, Vairengte, Mizoram from 19 Oct 2019 to 02 Nov 2019.
- Indian Army and Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF) comprising 25 soldiers each will participate in the exercise with an aim to share experience gained during various Counter-Terrorism Operations in respective Countries.
- The Exercise will culminate with a 72 hours validation phase which will test the skills of soldiers in conducting joint operations in a counter-terrorism scenario.
- Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN is an annual training event which is being conducted in India since 2018.
- Notably, in the series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN with Japan is crucial and significant in terms of security challenges faced by both the nations in the backdrop of global terrorism.
- The scope of this exercise covers platoon level joint training on counter-terrorism operations in the jungle and urban scenario.
- The joint military exercise will enhance the level of defence co-operation between the Indian Army and Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF) which in turn will further foster the bilateral relations between the two nations.