Source: Press Information Bureau
About the Mission
- It’s a biennial exercise and is conducted alternately in India and France.
- The Exercise SHAKTI(Army) between India and France commenced in the year 2011
- This year the Exercise was held in Rajasthan
- A contingent of the Sikh Regiment of Sapta Shakti Command represented Indian Army in this exercise.
- The French Army delegation was represented by troops of 21st Marine Infantry Regiment of 6th Armoured Brigade
- The joint exercise focused on Counter-Terrorism operations in the backdrop of semi-desert terrain under the United Nations Mandate.
- The training focused primarily on a high degree of physical fitness, sharing of drill at tactical level and learning of best practices from each other.
- The exercise aims at enhancing understanding, cooperation, and interoperability between the two Armies
- The other exercises between Indian and France are;
- Garuda- Air Force
- Varuna- Naval