In news- Rajasthan Chief Minister has approved new guidelines for the implementation of ‘Indira Gandhi Shahari Rozgar Yojana’.
More about the scheme-
- The scheme was announced by CM Gehlot in the 2022-23 budget to provide employment in urban areas on the lines of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
- 100 days of employment per year will be provided to the families residing in urban areas.
- The state government will spend Rs 800 crore per year on the scheme.
- People in the age group of 18 to 60 years residing in the local body area will be registered on the basis of Jan Aadhaar card and and in special circumstances such as a pandemic or a calamity, migrant labourers may be included.
- The work will be approved and executed through committees at the state and district levels under the scheme.
- The ratio of cost of material to payment for labour work of “general nature” will be in the ratio of 25:75, while for special works, it will be 75:25.
- Components include– Environmental Conservation, Water conservation, Cleanliness and Sanitation-Related Works, Works Related to Defacement of Property, Services include labour work at gaushalas and ‘multitask services’ at offices of civic bodies, work related to heritage conservation, guarding of urban civic bodies and public lands, development and management of parking spots within urban civic body limits, catching and management of stray animals, etc.