Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways laid the foundation stone for the country’s first Multi-modal Logistic Park at Jogighopa in Assam
Key highlights of the Park
- The park will provide direct air, road, rail, and waterways connectivity to the people.
- It will be developed under the ambitious Bharatmala Pariyojana of the Government of India.
- The first such MMLP is being made by NHIDCL
- This is being developed in 317-acre land along the Brahmaputra.
- The first phase of construction is scheduled to be completed by 2023.
- During the event, the minister stated that the distance of 154 km between Jogighopa and Guwahati will be covered by making a 4-lane road on this stretch, a 3-km rail line will connect Jogighopa station to the MMLP, another 3-km rail link will connect it to the IWT