Source: Press Information Bureau
Bringing the world’s major Mega Science projects together, India’s first-ever global Mega-Science exhibition, ‘Vigyan Samagam’, was inaugurated at the Science City in Kolkata
About the exhibition
- Agencies involved in the project: The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Department of Science and Technology (DST), the funding agencies of these projects and the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM), Ministry of Culture, who are venue partners and having expertise in design and hosting such exhibitions, have joined hands to organize this prestigious Science Exhibition
- This multi-venue Science Exhibition, after its successful journey in Mumbai and Bengaluru, is now open for the public in Kolkata. Commencing from November 4, Vigyan Samagam will be in Kolkata till December 31, 2019.
- Vigyan Samagam exhibition will traverse its visitors through the world from micro to macro, unveiling the efforts of the international community in understanding the Universe.
- From the discovery of the Higgs particle to that of gravitational waves from the merger of neutron stars and black holes, these projects throw light on crucial questions related to the origin of the Universe and its evolution through its various stages.
- After Kolkata, Vigyan Samagam will commence its final leg in New Delhi. It will be put up at the National Science Centre. Thereafter it will remain as a permanent exhibition at New Delhi and will be taken care-off by NCSM.
The Exhibition will highlight India’s contribution to the world’s science, technology and innovation, and researches in the areas of high energy physics, nuclear physics, astronomy and astrophysics, nuclear energy, etc.