In News: Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman recently inaugurated the country’s first 3D printed house at IIT, Madras, conceived by former alumni and built in just five days.
About India’s First 3D Printed House-
- With TVASTA Manufacturing Solutions using indigenous methodologies in design and construction till completion, Indian mind, Indian design and Indian creativity has been involved.
- The single-storey house has one bedroom, hall and kitchen, developed with ‘Concrete 3D Printing” technology.
- It was developed in association with Habitat for Humanity’s Terwilliger Centre for Innovation in Shelter.
- TVASTA Manufacturing Solutions co-founder Adithya V S said the concrete 3D printing technology is a ‘ready to implement methodology’ with no lead time on manufacturing, thereby reducing construction time.
- This technology can enable deep personalisation of construction for the ultimate target segment — who is the individual.