In news- Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually launched Indian Space Association (ISpA).
About Indian Space Association (ISpA)-
- ISpA is the Premier Industry Association of Space and Satellite companies, which aspires to be the collective voice of the Indian Space industry.
- It will work with all service providers, manufacturers, startups, MSMEs, and collaborate with IN-SPACe, Department of Telecom, ISRO, TRAI, Ministry of Defence in the field of policy advocacy, to create an enabling environment.
- Its founding members include Larson & Toubro, Nelco (Tata Group), OneWeb, Bharti Airtel, Mapmyindia, Walchandnagar Industries and Ananth Technology Limited.
- Other core members include Godrej, Hughes India, Azista-BST Aerospace Private Limited, BEL, Centum Electronics, Maxar India.
- It will be headed by Jayant Patil, senior executive vice president – Defence, L&T-NxT as its chairman, and Bharti Airtel’s chief regulatory officer Rahul Vatts as its vice-chairman, and Lt Gen. A.K. Bhatt (Retd.) has been appointed as the director-general of the association.