Union Education Minister announced setting up of Centre of Excellence for Indian Knowledge System at IIT Kharagpur.
- The announcement was made while inaugurating the international webinar titled ‘Bharata Tirtha’ organized by IIT Kharagpur.
- There is a need to critically study and analyze the interdisciplinary nature of the Indian Knowledge System in the present times.
- The Indian Knowledge System should be equipped with the Indian ethos and values.
- Emphasis should be given to education through the mother tongue along with the rejuvenation of Sanskrit to ease the educational process in tune with the diverse mother tongues surviving in different parts of the country.
- It helps to gather knowledge from the rich educational heritage of India.
- A National Education Technology Forum to support technical education would be created to take forward deeper studies in Indian scientific and linguistic heritage.
- National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 is based not only on cognitive capacities but also on social, ethical and emotional capacities .
- Hence it will ensure quality education to all the students despite their geographical, economic and social position, especially for the historically marginalized and disadvantaged groups.