In news- The ‘Indian Institute of Heritage’ to come up at Noida.
- The institute will impact higher education and research in the field related to rich Indian heritage and its conservation.
- It would offer research, development and dissemination of knowledge, excellence in the education of its students and activities associated with heritage that contribute to the cultural, scientific and economic life of India.
- The institute leads to Masters and Ph.D courses in History of Arts, Conservation, Museology, Archival Studies, Archaeology, Preventive Conservation, Epigraphy and Numismatics, Manuscriptology etc…
- This would be a standalone Institution of its type in the country.
- It will have conservation training facilities for in-service employees.
- The Institute is being set up as Deemed to be University by integrating Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology, School of Archival Studies under National Archives of India, New Delhi, the National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property (NRLC), Lucknow, National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMICHM) and Academic Wing of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi.
- These shall become various schools of the Institute.