Source: Press Information Bureau
- The first-ever India-Uzbekistan joint military exercise – Dustlik-2019 was held at Chirchiq Training Area near Tashkent
- The exercise is focused on Counter-terrorism
- During the exercise, an Indian Army contingent will train along with Uzbekistan Army
- Before the exercise, the Indian Defence Minister visited Uzbekistan where he signed an MoU on cooperation in the field of Military Medicine between the Armed Forces of the two countries.
- Two Institution-to-Institution MoUs on training and capacity building between institutes of higher military learning of the two countries were also signed. The MoU is a byproduct of interactions emanating from the MoU on Military Education signed between the two countries in October 2018.
The exercise will enable the sharing of best practices and experiences between the Armed Forces of the two countries and would lead to greater operational effectiveness.