FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup 2022-
- It is scheduled to be held in India between 11th and 30th October 2022.
- The seventh edition of the biennial youth tournament will be the first-ever FIFA women’s competition to be hosted by India in which 16 teams, including India, will participate.
- Financial outlay of Rs. 10 crore assistance to All India Football Federation (AIFF) will be met from the budgetary allocation for the Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs).
- The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup is the world championship for female players under or upto the age of 17, organized by FIFA.
- The event started in 2008 and is traditionally held in even-numbered years.
- The 6th edition of the event was held in Uruguay from 13th November to 1st December, 2018.
- Spain is the current champion of FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup.
- The AIFF has proposed holding of the competition matches in 3 venues namely; (a) Bhubaneshwar; (b) Navi Mumbai and (c) Goa.
- India successfully hosted the FIFA Under-17 Men’s World Cup India-2017 at 6 different venues namely New Delhi, Guwahati, Mumbai, Goa, Kochi and Kolkata in the country from 6th to 28th October, 2017.