Cabinet approved various MoUs between India and Kyrgyzstan in various fields
Polity– Bilateral relations
MoU on Cooperation in the field of Health
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the proposal of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Health of the Kyrgyz Republic in the field of Health.
Scope of Cooperation:
The Memorandum of Cooperation covers the following areas of cooperation;
- Strengthening of healthcare systems
- Non-communicable diseases, communicable diseases and antimicrobial resistance
- Development of hospital management systems and health information systems Hospital Management
- Maternal and child health
- Medical Researches
- Exchange of experience in transplantation of kidney and liver, cardiac surgery, oncology, orthopedics, traumatology, etc.
- Improving capacity of human resources in the field of health
- Exchange of information and experience in the field of regulation of pharmaceuticals & medical devices circulation
- Exchange of experience and information on good practice of clinical trials of medicines and medical products
- Integrated surveillance of diseases
- Arranging visits for the experience exchange among physicians, nurses andIT-specialists
- Exchange of experience on e-health
- Providing opportunities for health specialists to receive training and professional development at the “India-Kyrgyz Center for InformationTechnologies” with further internships in the Republic of India
- Health Tourism; and
- Any other area of cooperation as may be mutually decided upon.
A Working Group will be set up to further elaborate the details of cooperation and to oversee the implementation of this Memorandum of Understanding.
Signing and ratification of bilateral investment treaty
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister also approved the signing and ratification of bilateral investment treaty between India and Kyrgyzstan.
- The Bilateral Treaty is likely to increase investment flow between India and Kyrgyzstan and protection to investors of both countries making investments in both countries.
Memorandum of Understanding in the field of Legal Metrology
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister also approved a Memorandum of Understanding in the field of Legal Metrology between India and Kyrgyzstan
Following are the benefits of the MoU
- Exchange of information and documents relating to legal metrology;
- Develop training programme for officials and non-officials dealing with the subject of legal metrology;
- Exchange of officials, experts and professionals for mutual cooperation in the area of legal metrology;
- Participation in Seminars, Workshops, Meetings, Attachment Learning Programmes etc. in area of mutual interest, as may be appropriate;
- Establishment of requirements for pre-packaged goods and carrying out the state metrological supervision of pre-packaged goods;
- Review of the status of the rules / regulations on pre-packaged goods.
- Sharing of experience in carrying out of metrological supervision in mutual settlements between producers and consumers.
Memorandum of Collaboration in Joint Research Work on High Altitude Biology and Medicine
The Union cabinet has also approved a Memorandum of Collaboration (MoC) between India and Kyrgyzstan for collaborative research work on High Altitude Biology and Medicine and aiming at further development and strengthening of mutual relationships in science and medicine, especially in high altitude biology and medicine.
The MoC will help in understanding the physical and mental picture of soldier system at high altitude and mitigate the high altitude related maladies by using Yoga practice, herbals and nutraceuticals in Indian and Kyrgyz solders/population.