Source: PIB & Ministry of Tourism
The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India has launched the Incredible India Tourist Facilitators (IITF) Certification Programme
- Skill development
- Employment generation to host communities
- Supporting the Tourism Industry with Human Resources
- Facilitating Domestic/ Foreign Tourists with better service delivery
- The Programme aims at creating a pool of trained professionals for facilitating the visit of tourists at destinations across the country.
- Incredible India Tourist Facilitator (IITF) Certification Programme is a digital initiative of Ministry of Tourism (MoT), Govt. of India for the citizens of India to become a part of the booming Tourism Industry.
- Incredible India Tourist Facilitators (IITF) Certification Programme, a Pan-India online learning program that is open to all, subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria, and can be undertaken from anywhere in the country.
- The successful completion of this programme would enable the learner to become a Certified Tourist Facilitator of Ministry of Tourism
- The IITFC program aspires to reach out to a far-flung audience encompassing a diversity of candidates ranging from an enthusiastic student who has recently qualified for higher secondary to an ambitious homemaker willing to grasp tourist facilitation skills from the comfort of their home.
- It will also act as an enabler for transforming a local citizen with no specified skills having proficiency in a regional language into a potential bread earner for their households.
- The online learning management programme has been developed by M/s Wipro Limited and the content supported by the Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management.
Categories of Tourist facilitator certification Programme
- There are two categories of IITF Certification Programme i.e Basic & Advanced with an optional specialization programme of fluency in spoken foreign language other than English.
- The advanced category of tourist facilitators would be of two types;
- Heritage Tourism
- Adventure Tourism