In news– The Secretary (Telecom), Government of India has launched the ‘IEEE C-DOT Certified Telecom Expert Program (ICCTEP).
- It was launched in collaboration with IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and C-DOT (Centre for Development of Telematics).
- It seeks to bring learning in the areas of Telecom including 5G, Cyber Security and Quantum Communication to bridge the skill gap.
- This platform will offer a specially-tailored certification program that aims at providing quality learning in diverse areas of Telecom.
- The key focus is on building skills that would accelerate the participation of students, academia, technologists, industry, start-ups and other relevant stakeholders in developing globally-competitive Telecom technologies and solutions.
- The first program launched on the platform is on 5G and beyond.
- The aim of this collaboration is to jointly create telecommunication courses, promote and train students and professionals, create jobs opportunities, and bridge the digital divide.
- IEEE Blended Learning Program (BLP) aims to upskill young professionals in Wireless, Optical, Broadcasting, Telecom Validation & Security.
- This program was launched during the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) Workshop centred on “Next Generation Connectivity”.
BLP certification program-
- The BLP certification program is developed in conjunction with industry leaders and vetted by experts to ensure their effectiveness in content and learning experience.
- It is backed by micro-learning modules, application modules, and data analytics, ultimately leading to a Joint certificate, which aims at bridging the skills gap.
- IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
- IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional & educational activities.
- Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) is the premier R&D centre of the Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, Government of India.
- C-DOT has indigenously designed various cutting-edge Telecom technologies including 4G/5G, Disaster Management, Cyber Security and Quantum Communications.