What are the 2 new IT initiatives?
- ICEDASH: Ease of Doing Business monitoring dashboard of the Indian Customs helping the public see the daily Customs clearance times of import cargo.
- ATITHI: Easy to use mobile app for international travellers to file the Customs declaration in advance.
Features of the initiatives
- They’re aimed at improved monitoring and pace of Customs clearance of imported goods and facilitating arriving international passengers.
- With ICEDASH, Indian Customs has taken a lead globally to provide an effective tool that helps the businesses compare clearance times across ports and plan their logistics accordingly. This dashboard has been developed by CBIC in collaboration with NIC. ICEDASH can be accessed through the CBIC website.
- With ATITHI, CBIC has introduced an easy to use mobile app for international travellers to file the Customs declaration in advance. Passengers can use this app to file declaration of dutiable items and currency with the Indian Customs even before boarding the flight to India. ATITHI is available on both, iOS and android.
- [NIC is the premier science and technology organisation under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeiTY) that works in informatics services and information and communication technology (ICT) applications. CBIC is India’s nodal national agency responsible for administering GST, Customs, Central Excise, and Service Tax & Narcotics in the country.]