Why in news?
- The global ICANN and the Indian IT industry NASSCOM Internet Corporation are developing identifiers for use in the management of internet devices and infrastructures.
- Both organizations will focus first on updating IoT devices using a domain name (DNS), even if they are closed off by the manufacturer or supplier.
- This collaboration creates a structure to identify research projects jointly, especially in new technologies relating to the unique identity system of the Internet.
- The first study is to analyze the use of DNS for upgrading IoT firmware and to research how the functionality indicated could be calculated outside a laboratory environment.
- ICANN is a non-profit organization administering domain name and Internet protocol addresses (IPs) internationally, for the Assigning Names and Numbers (ICANN) Internet Association. The Department of Commerce was created in 1988. After 1 October 2016, it has become independent from American power.
- It also ensures computers can find each other across the internet by defining specific paths and identifiers. This enables the management and methodologies of various databases of special identity elements relevant to the Internet namespaces–and thus ensures a stable and secure operation of the network.
- National Software and Services Companies Association (NASSCOM)–NASSCOM is the leading IT industry association in India.
- The NASSCOM was founded in 1988 to serve the IT and BPO industries continually. NASSCOM participants include the technology tools of Indian Co, software services, IT / BPO services. NASSCOM’s role was primarily to ensure the proper implementation in the Indian software and BPO industry of service quality and the implementation of intellectual property rights.