”Local to Global” theme unar Haat is set to make a comeback in September with a after an over five-month gap due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Features of Hunar Haat
- National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC), on behalf of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, organises Hunar Haat exhibitions.
- It is organised under the USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts / Crafts for Development) scheme of the Ministry.
- NMDFC is intending to create a data-bank of crafts, artisans/ crafts-persons belonging to the notified minority communities viz., Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis and Jains.
- It has provided employment opportunities to more than five lakh Indian artisans, craftspeople, culinary experts in the last five years and has become popular among the people.
- It not only provides a market and opportunity to master artisans and craftspeople from remote areas of the country, it has also become a credible brand of rare exquisite indigenous handmade products.