In News: Recently, Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister launched Madhukranti portal and Honey Corners of National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation, NAFED in New Delhi.
Madhu Kranti portal
- Portal to create a database of all stakeholders involved in honey and other hive products’ production, sales and marketing chain.
- All sales transactions in honey trading in the country shall be captured through a mobile app in the second phase to achieve desired results in the area of source traceability.
- Online registration/ traceability system for source of Honey and other beehive products will help in checking the quality and source of adulteration of honey. The system will also enable consumers/public to know the source of honey and assure quality of the products
Honey Corner: Specially designed space in Nafed’s stores dedicated to sale of honey.
National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd (NAFED)
- Apex organization of marketing cooperatives for agricultural produce in India.
- Founded on 2nd October 1958.
- Registered under the Multi-State Co-operative Societies Act, 2002.
- NAFED is now one of the largest procurement as well as marketing agencies for agricultural products in India.
- To organize, promote and develop marketing, processing and storage of agricultural, horticultural and forest produce;
- To distribute agricultural machinery, implements and other inputs;
- To act and assist for technical advice in agricultural production.
- Sweet Revolution‘ is a strategic step to emphasize the increase in honey production in the state, which can be a major contributor to doubling the income of the farmers.
- With the increase in income, the production of crops will also increase by 15%.
Purpose of sweet revolution
- To make Jharkhand state in the category of developed states by 2022.
- Providing employment by connecting the farmers of the state with bee keeping.
- To increase agriculture and horticulture yield and income of farmers.
- To make the state the leading state in the field of honey production.
- Children free from malnutrition.
- Production of quality honey.