Source: PIB & New Indian Express
What is it?
- The Indian Army Conducts routine military exercises every year. Exercise HIM VIJAY was one such endeavour.
- It was conducted to validate the operational capabilities of India’s combat formations.
- Under the exercise, the training exercises are conducted from within available resources and funds.
- The exercise was an all Arms exercise and approximately a Division strength participated.
- This year the exercise was held in Arunachal Pradesh
- The exercise is to test mobility, communication and coordination of such a huge body of fast-moving troops in difficult terrain.
- Three Battle Groups, each comprising around 4000 soldiers participated in the exercise in which it included troop mobilisation, mountain assault and air assault.
- The exercise conducted more than 100 kilometres inside the Indian Territory from the Line of Actual Control.
It is an important exercise for validation of the operational concepts of the newly raised Integrated Battle Groups (IBGs) to meet the requirements of modern warfare keeping the military progress of the enemy threats in mind.