The Union Minister for Human Resource Development launched ‘Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrator’– a joint initiative of UGC and British Council under the auspices of UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI)
- It aims to deliver a leadership development programme for middle and senior-level administrative functionaries in Indian Universities.
- To train the senior and middle-level academic administrators to enable them to bring about systemic changes with renewed approaches, capacity, tools, and skills in Universities in India.
About the programme
- This programme includes two workshops conducted by UK trainers, which will train about 300 academic administrators in the level of Registrar and Joint/Deputy/Assistant Registrar to enable them to bring about professional transformation in the higher education institutions.
- Further to make the programme sustainable 30 potential future leadership development programme trainers from among the 300 participants will be chosen and will be given additional training to train others.
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) will conduct this programme in collaboration with Advance HE as the training partner with globally recognized institutional expertise and leadership excellence from the UK, which is being enabled by the British Council in India.
- The programme will lead to developing a more global outlook and promote learning for inclusive and internationally connected higher education systems that support the economic and social growth in the UK and India.
- the programme will serve as a stimulant for the functionaries to improve their performance and capabilities which consequently shall enhance the institutional profile and reputation of Universities in India.