The MoEFCC has published the Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management and Transboundary Movement) Amendment Rules, 2020 and invited objections and suggestions from the public.
- The Amendment is brought under rule 5 of Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management and Transboundary Movement) Rules, 2016.
- The department of Industry in the State shall ensure earmarking or allocation of industrial space or shed for recycling, pre-processing and other utilisation of hazardous or other waste in the existing and upcoming industrial park, estate and industrial clusters.
- Department of Labour in the State or any other government agency authorised in this regard by the State Government shall –
- ensure recognition and registration of workers involved in generation, handling, collection, reception, treatment, transport, storage, reuse, recycling, recovery, pre-processing, utilisation including co-processing and disposal of hazardous wastes;
- assist formation of groups of such workers to facilitate setting up such facilities;
- undertake industrial skill development activities for the workers involved;
- undertake annual monitoring and to ensure safety and health of workers.