Source: Ministry of Textiles
The scheme was launched by the Ministry of textiles in the year 2016 to meet the needs of handloom weavers for assistance on a larger scale for looms and accessories.
- It aims to provide financial assistance for technological up-gradation to improve the quality of the fabric and productivity
- To encourage the development of capabilities to create employment opportunities in emerging technological areas
- The Weavers Service Centre will prepare the list of beneficiaries in association with the implementing agency and State Directorate of Handlooms.
- The preference will be given to the weavers who have undergone training in weaving in the last 2 years under various government programmes including Block Level Clusters and are willing to contribute 10% of the cost.
Under HSS, financial assistance to the extent of 90% of the cost of technological up-gradation items shall be borne by the Govt. of India while the remaining 10% shall be borne by the beneficiary. The Government of India’s share is released directly in the Bank account of the beneficiary through a designated agency.