The President of India pays tribute to Guru Tegh Bahadur on the eve of martyrdom Day(Shaheedi Divas)
A brief history of Guru Teg Bahadur(Tyag Mal)
- He was born on 1st April 1621in Amritsar
- He was the ninth of ten Gurus of the Sikh religion.
- His 115 hymns are in Guru Granth Sahib .They cover a wide range of topics, such as the nature of God, human attachments, body, mind, sorrow, dignity, service, death and deliverance.
- His works include 116 shabads, 15 ragas, and his bhagats are credited with 782 compositions that are part of bani in Sikhism
- He was the youngest son of Guru Hargobind(6th Guru) and also the father of 10th Guru, Gobind singh
- Tegh Bahadur resisted the forced conversion of the Hindu Kashmiri Pandits and non-Muslims to Islam and was publicly killed in 1675 on the orders of Mughal emperor Aurangzeb in Delhi for himself refusing to obey the orders of the emperor.
- Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib in Delhi is the location where Guru Tegh Bahadur was executed.
- Tegh Bahadur sacrificed his life to protect religion, human values, ideals and principles.
- His sacrifice is remembered with great reverence in Sikhism
- 24th November is celebrated as Shaheedi Divas by Sikhs to remember Guru Tegh Bahadur