Source: Yojana Magazine
Climate change, which has become one of the greatest challenges for the world, is the consequence of unchecked pollution. With a view to mitigate the impact of climate change on human beings, it is necessary to bring down pollution level, for which it is necessary to promote such business activities which can tackle the climate change and also help in income-generating. NSFDC’s ‘Green Business Scheme’ for providing financial assistance has been launched keeping into the concern for climate change.
- To provide financial assistance in the form of loan for the activities which could tackle climate change along with income generation.
- The scheme intends to cover the income-generating activities which could mitigate the Green House effect.
Who are eligible?
Safai Karamcharis, Scavengers and their dependants, Scheduled Castes
The scheme applies to the procurement and utilization of the following:
- Battery electric vehicle(E-rickshaw)
- Compressed air vehicle
- Solar energy gadgets
- Poly houses
Qualified citizens can claim financial assistance for the unit cost of up to Rs 2 lakhs. The National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSCFDC) will provide a loan of up to 90% of the unit cost, and the remaining 10% will be contributed by the promoter.
The loan under the scheme shall be repaid in quarterly installments, within a maximum period of 6 years including moratorium period of 6 months.