Source: Press Information Bureau (Budget 2019)
- Ujjwala Yojana and Saubhagya Yojana have transformed the lives of every rural family, dramatically improving ease of their living.
- Electricity and clean cooking facility to all willing rural families by 2022.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) aims to achieve “Housing for All” by 2022: Eligible beneficiaries to be provided 1.95 crore houses with amenities like toilets, electricity and LPG connections during its second phase (2019-20 to 2021-22)
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
- A robust fisheries management framework through PMMSY to be established by the Department of Fisheries
- To address critical gaps in the value chain including infrastructure, modernization, traceability, production, productivity, post-harvest management, and quality control
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)
- The target of connecting the eligible and feasible habitations advanced from 2022 to 2019 with 97% of such habitations already being provided with all-weather connectivity.
- 30,000 kilometers of PMGSY roads have been built using Green Technology, Waste Plastic, and Cold Mix Technology, thereby reducing carbon footprint.
- 1,25,000 kilometers of road length to be upgraded over the next five years under PMGSY III
Scheme of Fund for Upgradation and Regeneration of Traditional Industries’ (SFURTI)
- Common Facility Centres (CFCs) to be setup to facilitate cluster-based development for making traditional industries more productive, profitable and capable for generating sustained employment opportunities.
- 100 new clusters to be setup during 2019-20 with special focus on Bamboo, Honey and Khadi, enabling 50,000 artisans to join the economic value chain
Scheme for Promotion of Innovation, Rural Industry, and Entrepreneurship’ (ASPIRE) consolidated
- 80 Livelihood Business Incubators (LBIs) and 20 Technology Business Incubators (TBIs) to be setup in 2019-20.
- 75,000 entrepreneurs to be skilled in agro-rural industry sectors
- Private entrepreneurships to be supported in driving value-addition to farmers’ produce from the field and for those from allied activities.
- Dairying through cooperatives to be encouraged by creating infrastructure for cattle feed manufacturing, milk procurement, processing & marketing.
- 10,000 new Farmer Producer Organizations to be formed, to ensure economies of scale for farmers.
- Government to work with State Governments to allow farmers to benefit from e-NAM.
- Zero Budget Farming in which few states’ farmers are already being trained to be replicated in other states.
India’s water security
- New Jal Shakti Mantralaya to look at the management of our water resources and water supply in an integrated and holistic manner
- Jal Jeevan Mission to achieve Har Ghar Jal (piped water supply) to all rural households by 2024
- To focus on integrated demand and supply-side management of water at the local level.
- Convergence with other Central and State Government Schemes to achieve its objectives.
- 1592 critical and over-exploited Blocks spread across 256 District being identified for the Jal Shakti Abhiyan.
- Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA) fund can be used for this purpose
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- 9.6 crore toilets constructed since Oct 2, 2014.
- More than 5.6 lakh villages have become Open Defecation Free (ODF).
- Swachh Bharat Mission to be expanded to undertake sustainable solid waste management in every village.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan,
- Over two crore rural Indians made digitally literate.
- Internet connectivity in local bodies in every Panchayat under Bharat-Net to bridge the rural-urban divide.
- Universal Obligation Fund under a PPP arrangement to be utilized for speeding up Bharat-Net