What is GPDP?
- The GDPD will be an intensive and structured exercise for planning at Gram Sabha level through convergence between Panchayati Raj institutions and concerned departments of the State. GPDP aims to strengthen the role of 31 lakh elected Panchayat leaders and 2.5 crore SHG Women under DAY-NRLM in effective gram Sabha.
Features of GPDP
- The structured Gram Sabha meetings will have physical presence and presentation by frontline workers/supervisors on 29 sectors of the 11th schedule. The campaign is launched under ‘Sabki Yojana Sabka Vikas’. It is comprehensive and a participatory process which involves the full convergence with Schemes of all related Central Ministries / Line Departments.
- Community involvement leading to quality works and acceptance by local inhabitants.
- Activates Panchayat Raj level bureaucracy.
- Strengthens bond between Government, Gram Panchayat & local inhabitants leading to responsive government.