In news– SS Rajamouli’s RRR film made history by winning the 80th Golden Globe award for Best Original song for Naatu Naatu.
- The Jr NTR and Ram Charan film was nominated in two major categories – Best Original song and Best Non-English film.
- While it lost the latter to an Argentinian film, it managed to beat international heavy weights like Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Lady Gaga in the song category.
- Naatu Naatu is the first Asian song to win the Golden Globe award.
- Music director for the song is MM Keeravaani, lyricist Chandrabose and singers Rahul Sipligunj and Kaala Bhairava.
About Golden Globe award-
- The Golden Globe Awards are accolades bestowed by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association starting in January 1944, recognizing excellence in both American and international film and television. Beginning in 2022, there are 105 members of the HFPA.
- The annual ceremony at which the awards are presented is normally held every January and has been a major part of the film industry’s awards season, which culminates each year in the Academy Awards.
- The eligibility period for the Golden Globes corresponds to the calendar year (from January 1 through December 31).
- The Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) was founded in 1943 by Los Angeles-based foreign journalists seeking to develop a better organized process of gathering and distributing cinema news to non-U.S. markets.
- The 1st Golden Globe Awards, honoring the best achievements in 1943 filmmaking, were held in January 1944, at the 20th Century-Fox studios.