In news–India participated in Global Clean Energy Action Forum, a joint convening of the 13th Clean Energy Ministerial and the 7th Mission Innovation ministerial hosted by USA.
About the Forum-
- Forum was held from September 21 to 23 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Over 30 countries participated in the event to discuss ways of accelerating clean energy innovation and deployment.
Clean Energy Ministerial(CEM) & Mission Innovation Ministerial-
- It is a high-level global forum to promote policies and programmes that advance clean energy technology, to share lessons learned and best practices, and to encourage the transition to a global clean energy economy.
- The CEM brings together a community of the world’s largest and leading countries, companies and international experts to achieve one mission –accelerate clean energy transitions.
- Mission Innovation(MI) is a global initiative catalysing a decade of action and investment in research, development and demonstration to make clean energy affordable, attractive and accessible for all.
- This will accelerate progress towards the Paris Agreement goals and pathways to net zero.
- MI has 23 countries and the European Commission (on behalf of the European Union) as members.
- The coveted joint convening of the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM13) and Mission Innovation (MI-7) were organised by the U.S. Department of Energy and Carnegie Mellon University.
- The theme for CEM13/MI-7 is Rapid Innovation and Deployment.
- Note: India will host the 14th edition of the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) in 2023.