Why in news?
- On the 150th birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog’s Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) India has launched ‘the Gandhian Challenge’.
What is this?
- This is an innovation challenge provides a platform for every child across India to ideate innovative solutions for a sustainable India of their dreams, using Gandhi’s principles.
- The aim of the challenge was to encourage children to read and understand Mahatma Gandhi’s principles and apply them to come up with innovative solutions for New World challenges.
- The contest – open for every child in India from 2 October to 20 October – also celebrates 70 years of partnership between the Government of India and UNICEF India to enable Every Right for Every Child.
- The most innovative, sustainable solutions/ideas will be showcased as a symbol of a larger movement by children taking root in every district of India.
- Ideas and solutions to the Gandhian Challenge may be expressed through broad categories: Art & Innovation (Letters, poems, painting, videos, and photos, among others) and Science, Technology & Innovation (Robotics, IoT, sensors and 3D printers, among others).