NITI Aayog announced the establishment of a Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center
About Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center
- In order to address societal challenges through digital innovation, NITI Aayog announced the establishment of a Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center (CIC) with Amazon Web Services (AWS)—the first of its kind in India.
- CIC is part of the AWS CIC Global Program
- AWS CIC Global Program provides an opportunity for government agencies, non-profits, and educational institutions, to come together on pressing challenges, apply design thinking, test new ideas, and access the technology expertise of AWS.
- Amazon’s Cloud Innovation Centers program is designed to be a catalyst for innovation in the public sector, by bringing together technology experts to address challenges.
- The NITI Aayog Frontier Technologies CIC addresses a core mission: to identify and deploy leading-edge technologies to drive continuous innovation in delivering citizen services.
- The center will identify and prioritize projects as well as collaborate with local leaders, including subject matter experts at the state and district levels, to solve critical challenges.
- Local enterprises, start-ups, researchers, and universities in India can experiment and build prototypes on AWS Cloud.
- The NITI Aayog Frontier Technologies CIC will be a great enabler to budding innovators and start-ups and help in piloting state-of-the-art, cloud-centric digital innovations by leveraging emerging technologies such as AI, IOT, robotics, blockchain, etc.
- It will enable government stakeholders, start-ups, and local organizations in India to innovate and create new approaches to solving problems