In news– The Prime Minister of India paid tributes to freedom fighter and social worker from Gujarat Prahladbhai Hargovandas Patel on his 115th birth anniversary recently.
A brief note on Prahlad Patel-
- He was a freedom fighter from the state of Gujarat who became active in the freedom movement under Gandhi’s influence during the freedom struggle.
- Prahladji had become famous in the entire state by the name of Seth Latiwala.
- He was imprisoned in Sabarmati and Yerwada Jail.
- In the war of independence, he was also involved in certain underground activities and had attempted to hide several fighters in Becharaji.
- Becharaji means the holy pilgrim center of Goddess Bahuchara.
- After independence, he had played a vital role in the merger of small states of the country under the instructions of Sardar Patel and had actively contributed in connecting the states like Dasada, Vanod and Zainabad with India.
- In 1951, he had joined Vinoba Bhave’s Bhoodan movement and had donated 200 bighas of land owned by him.
- In 1962, in the first election of Gujarat, after it separated from Bombay state, he had fought from Chanasma seat and had become a public representative.