The schools advised to hold Prabhat Pheris under Fit India Movement
A brief note on the issue
The Directorate of Education (DoE) of Delhi government has sent an advisory to all schools urging them to organise activities including ‘Prabhat Pheris’ as part of the Centre’s ‘Fit India Movement’.
As per the circular second edition of the Fit India School Week will be celebrated in December 2020 that includes thematic campaign – ‘Fitness ka dose – Aadha Ghanta Roz’ — to create awareness and disseminate the message of Fit India Movement.
It also advised to organise Fit India School Week, Fit India Quiz, Fit India Prabhat Pheri, Fit India Cyclothon with support of School Management Committee members of respective schools, following the Covid-19 protocols and participate in ‘Fitness Assessment’ through Fit India App
What is Fit India movement?
- The Fit India Movement is a movement to take the nation on a path of fitness and wellness.
- It provides a unique and exciting opportunity to work towards a healthier India.
- As part of the movement, individuals and organisations can undertake various efforts for their own health and well-being as well as for the health and well-being of fellow Indians.
- It was launched by the Prime Minister of India on National Sports Day-2019
- A committee has been formed to advice government on this campaign.
- It is composed of various government officials, members of Indian Olympic Association (IOA), national sports federations, private bodies and fitness promoters