FIST programme will now be reinvented to FIST 2.0
About FIST programme
- FIST refers to the Fund for Improvement of S&T Infrastructure in Universities and Higher Educational institutions programme
- It supports scaling up of the network of infrastructural facilities for teaching and research in Universities and higher educational institution
- The support for five (5) years to any PG College or a department/centre / School of any University or academic Institute is considered for augmentation of post-graduate teaching and research facilities in four areas i.e.,
- Basic Equipment
- Networking & Computational Facilities
- Research Infrastructure and
- Maintenance of equipment.
The immensely successful FIST programme will now be reinvented to FIST 2.0 to orient it towards the goal of Atmanirbhar Bharat so as to create R&D infrastructure not only for experimental work but also to cater to theoretical work, ideas and entrepreneurship
- It will also link up programmes like
- Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facilities (SAIF), and
- Sophisticated Analytical & Technical Help Institutes (SATHI), all of which are designed to set up S&T infrastructure centres at different levels –department, university, regional and national level respectively.