In news- Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd (IRSDC) in collaboration with HNi Aquatic Kingdom has opened Indian Railways first movable freshwater tunnel aquarium at the Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna Railway Station, Bengaluru.
- The aquarium is a one-of-its-kind aquatic park based on the Amazon River concept.
- In addition to enhancing the passenger experience, the initiative would be a revenue earner for Indian Railways.
- The 12-feet long aquatic kingdom is Indian Railways first paludarium housing myriad flora and fauna.
- The Aquatic Kingdom will have a 3D “selfie” area, where a big fish will pop out of the aquarium.
- It is also home to various aquatic animals such as the alligator gar, sting rays, eels up to three-and-a-half feet, sharks, lobsters, snails and shrimps.
- A nominal entry fee of Rs 25 has been kept per passenger.
- IRSDC has been entrusted with the mandate to undertake facility management at five railway stations– KSR Bengaluru, Pune, Anand Vihar, Chandigarh and Secunderabad.