Source: Press Information Bureau
- India International Science Festival (IISF) 2019, an annual event organized jointly by the science and technology-related Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and Vijnana Bharati (Vibha), is being held in Kolkata this year.
- This is the fifth edition since its inception in 2015 and will take place during November 5th – 8th, 2019.
- IISF-2019 is a festival to celebrate the achievements of India’s scientific and technological advancements with students, innovators, craftsmen, farmers, scientists and technocrats from India and abroad.
- The theme for this year’s festival is RISEN India – Research, Innovation, and Science Empowering the Nation.
- Vigyan Prasar, an autonomous organization of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, is the nodal agency to coordinate the IISF 2019.
- For school students, a Students Science Village has been planned at IISF-2019 where more than 2,500 school students from all over the nation have been invited. Under the Pradhan Mantri Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana, every Member of Parliament has been asked to nominate five students each along with their teacher from their constituency for the village. In six different houses named after our scientists, these students will be engaged in several science-fun activities and interact with scientists and technocrats.
- Young Scientists’ Conference is another big event in terms of variety and number of participants where 1,500 young scientists and researchers will interact with various subject matter experts of international repute and also get a chance to present their posters and papers.
- Vigyanika Science Literature Festival will be another highlight of this year’s IISF where several programmes related to the various genre have been organized.