Source: Press Information Bureau
As part of the ongoing Indo-US defence cooperation, a joint military training, Exercise Yudh Abhyas – 2019 is being conducted at Joint Base Lewis Mc Chord, Washington, the USA from 05-18 September 2019.
About the Exercise
- Exercise Yudh Abhyas is one of the largest joint running military training and defence corporation endeavors between India and the USA.
- It will be the 15th edition of the joint exercise hosted alternately between the two countries.
- Exercise Yudh Abhyas will provide an opportunity to the armed forces of both countries to train in an integrated manner at the Battalion level with joint planning at the Brigade level.
- Multiple scenarios will be rehearsed during the joint exercise with a view to understand each other’s organizational structure and battle procedures which would result in a higher degree of joint manship that would further facilitate interoperability between the armed forces of both countries to meet any unforeseen contingency across the globe.
- The exercise is also an ideal platform to learn from each other’s expertise and experiences of planning and execution of operations.
- Both armies will jointly train, plan and execute a series of well-developed operations for neutralization of threats of varied nature.
- Experts from both sides will hold expert academic and military discussions to share each other’s experiences on varied topics for mutual benefit.
- In the end, a joint exercise will be undertaken by both countries in an operational setting under a UN mandate.