In News: 11th edition of the joint special forces military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar ‘ between India and the United States was conducted at Special Forces Training School, at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh On March 30 , 2021 .
About Exercise Vajra Prahar
- The joint military exercise Vajra Prahar between India and the US started off in 2010.
- ‘Vajra Prahar’ is a Special Forces joint training exercise conducted alternately in India and the US to share the best practices and experiences in areas such as joint mission planning and operational tactics as also to improve interoperability between the Special Forces of both nations.
- Bilateral military exercises and defence exchanges are an important facet of deepening bilateral defence cooperation between friendly countries.
- Armies of participating nations jointly train, plan and execute a series of operations for neutralisation of threats of varied nature with a common aim of countering threats of international terrorism through mutual training and jointness.
- The 10th edition of VAJRA PRAHAR was held in 2019 at Seattle, USA.