Source: Press Information Bureau
Key highlights about Exercise TSENTR
- Exercise TSENTR 2019 is part of the annual series of large scale exercises that form part of the Russian Armed Forces’ annual training cycle.
- The series rotates through the four main Russian operational strategic commands. Russia holds a major military exercise every year at one of it’s four military Commands i.e
- Vostok (East)
- Zapad (West)
- TSENTR (Centre) and
- Kavkas (South).
- These annual exercises have slowly began taking an international character, with Belarus participating in ZAPAD-2017 and China and Mongolia participating in VOSTOK-2018. This year, invitations for participation have been extended to nine other countries.
Exercise TSENTR 2019
- This year’s Exercise TSENTR 2019 was conducted by the Central Military Commission of Russia.
- This year the exercise was planned between 09 September to 23 September 19 at Donguz training ranges, Orenburg, Russia.
- Participants: Apart from host Russia, military contingents from China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan took part in this mega event.
- The exercise aims at evolving drills of the participating armies and practicing them in the fight against the scourge of international terrorism thereby ensuring military security in the strategic central Asian region.
- The TSENTR-2019 strategic measures will focus on evaluating the level of troop preparedness, the acquisition of the required skills and raising the level of inter- operability and demonstrate the readiness of the participating armies.
- Two models: The exercise TSENTR 2019 comprises two modules;
- The first module will include counter- terror operations, repelling air strikes, reconnaissance operations and defensive measures
- While the second will focus on offensive operations.