Source: PIB & India Today
Sampriti-IX a joint military training exercise between Bangladesh and India has been started in Meghalaya
About the exercise
- This is the 9th edition of the exercise. It took place at the state-of-the-art Joint Training Node at Umroi Cantonment, Shillong
- The exercise Sampriti is an important bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and Bangladesh, it is hosted alternately by both countries.
- During the joint military exercise, a Command Post Exercise (CPX) and a Field Training Exercise (FTX) will be conducted
- For both the CPX and FTX, a scenario where both nations are working together in a Counter-Terrorism environment will be simulated under the UN Charter
- 20 Bihar Regiment has taken part in the 14-day long joint exercise from the Indian side and 42nd Bangladesh Infantry Regiment has taken part from the Bangladesh side.
- To understand each other at the tactical level, greater cultural understanding will be emphasized to strengthen military trust and cooperation between the two nations.