In news– The Indian Air Force (IAF) will join 16 other nations, including Quad partner countries for Exercise Pitch Black hosted by the Australian Air Force.
About the Exercise–
- The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) considers “Pitch Black” as its “capstone” international engagement activity with the air forces of strategic partners and allies.
- The exercise is scheduled to take place from August 19 to September 6.
- Around 2,500 military personnel from 17 countries will participate in it.
- International participation in this Exercise, from within the Indo-Pacific region and further abroad, provides all nations’ personnel with experience in working with aircraft, systems and work practices, in northern Australia’s unique environment.
- In the 2022 edition of the exercise participants include Australia, Canada, India, France, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea, Singapore, Thailand, the UAE, the UK and the US.
Some of the bilateral exercises held between India and Australia are Ex AUSTRA HIND(Army), Ex AUSINDEX (Navy) and Malabar Exercise (Quad countries).