The seventh edition of India-Sri Lanka joint training exercise, Exercise MITRA SHAKTI– 2019 was held at Foreign Training Node (FTN), Pune from 01 – 14 December 2019. The sixth edition of the exercise was held in Sri Lanka.
- The aim of this joint training exercise is to build and promote positive relations between armies of India and Sri Lanka with a focus on subunit level training for counter-insurgency & counter-terrorism operations in the urban and rural environment under United Nations mandate.
- The joint exercise is designed for incorporating the current dynamics of the United Nations peacekeeping operations through practical & comprehensive discussions and tactical exercises.
- The joint effort focused on achieving the desired level of interoperability and cohesive operational ability of the troops from both India and Sri Lanka through mutual exchange of operational experiences & best practices.
- India – Sri Lanka joint training exercise Mitra Shakti 2019 is the seventh edition of the exercise aimed to enhance interoperability and operational efficiency amongst the armies of both India and Sri Lanka when deployed as part of the United Nations peacekeeping forces.
- The theme of the exercise was to engage the participants of both the armies to adapt and learn each other’s best practices, operational experience, and operational capabilities so as to prepare them for the dynamic challenges in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in the urban and rural environment under United Nations mandate.
- Exercise MITRA SHAKTI – 2019 is aimed at sending a strong message to all the member nations of the United Nations of the intent, commitment, and capability of the militaries of both India & Sri Lanka towards maintaining world peace and upholding the mandate of United Nations