In news-The Exercise Konkan was held between INS Tabar and HMS Westminster in the English Channel recently.
About the Exercise
- It is a Naval exercise held between India and United Kingdom(UK)
- The exercise included the participation of integral helicopters of the two ships and the Falcon Electronic Warfare aircraft.
- A wide range of exercises including co-ordinated anti-submarine procedures, firing drills, combined maritime picture compilation, combat formation maneuvering and replenishment at sea were conducted.
- The Indo-UK Naval exercise included the participation of integral helicopters of the two ships and the Falcon Electronic Warfare aircraft.
- Exercise Konkan 2021 consolidated interoperability and helped cement the strong bonds of friendship between the two navies.
- It is the third of the Talwar-class frigates of the Indian Navy.
- The frigate was commissioned on 19 April 2004 in Russia.
- INS Tabar is assigned to the Indian Navy’s Western Naval Command, head-quartered in Mumbai.
- The warship has the ability to handle air/surface/sub-surface missions or defending herself operating either independently on maritime missions or supporting a larger naval task force.
- It is a Type 23 frigate of the Royal Navy, and the second ship to bear the name.
- She was launched on 4 February 1992 and named for the Dukedom of Westminster.