In news- The 3rd edition of Indian Navy (IN) – Bangladesh Navy (BN) Bilateral Exercise ‘Bongosagar’ took place at Port Mongla, Bangladesh recently.
About the Exercise Bongosagar-
- It aimed at developing a high degree of interoperability and joint operational skills through the conduct of a wide spectrum of maritime exercises and operations between the two navies.
- Indian Naval Ships Kora, an indigenously built Guided Missile Corvette, and Sumedha, an indigenously built Offshore Patrol Vessel participated in the Exercise.
- The harbour phase of the exercise included professional and social interactions, and friendly sporting fixtures, and tactical level planning discussions on the conduct of the exercises at sea.
- The sea phase of the exercise facilitated ships from both the navies to participate in intensive surface warfare drills, weapon firing drills, seamanship evolutions and coordinated air operations in a tactical scenario.
- The first edition of the Exercise was held in 2019 and 2nd edition in 2020.
The Exercise Bongosagar and IN- BN CORPAT reflects the priority Indian Navy accords to Bangladesh Navy as part of India’s vision of SAGAR (Security And Growth for All in the Region).