In News India- joint steering committee on science and technology agrees to develop long term strategic perspective.
About EU-India Strategic Partnership: A Roadmap to 2025
- The Leaders held the 15thIndia-European Union Summit on the 15th July 2020.
- They endorsed this “India-EU Strategic Partnership: A Roadmap to 2025” as a common roadmap to guide joint action and further strengthen the India-EU Strategic Partnership over the next five years.
- In a complex international environment, the Republic of India and the European Union, both “unions of diversity”, sharing values of democracy, rule of law and human rights, are equally convinced of the necessity to preserve the rules-based international order and effective multilateralism. India and the EU have a common interest in each other’s security, prosperity and sustainable development.
- They can contribute jointly to a safer, cleaner and more stable world.
- They therefore endeavour to develop further their Strategic Partnership, based on this Roadmap.