The MoEFCC has notified the Environment (Protection) Amendment Rules, 2020 to further amend the Environment (Protection) Rules, 1986.
- The amendments are made under Rule 5 of the Environment (Protection) Rules, 1986 related to “Prohibition and restriction on the location of industries and the carrying on processes and operations in different areas”.
- The amendment is brought under Schedule–I which prescribes the standards for emission or discharge of environmental pollutants in which a new industry related to ‘Hot Mix Plant’ has been inserted and parameters for the same industry are prescribed.
- The use of furnace oil and rubber process oil shall be avoided in the industry.
- The dust emission from material handling shall be contained with water sprinkling or covering of the points of dust emission and the internal roads, working platform, loading and unloading areas in premises should be paved and kept clean all times.
- The use of Recycle Asphalt pavement(RSP) shall be allowed.
- The Central Government may within 725 days from such day of publication of the notification in the Official Gazette, impose prohibition or restrictions on location of such industries and the carrying on of any process or operation in an area.