What is ETPBS?
- It is a system enabling the entitled service voters to cast their vote using an electronically received postal ballot from anywhere outside their constituency. The voters who make such a choice will be entitled for the Postal Ballot delivered through Electronic Media for a particular election.
Who is eligible for ETPBS?
- Service Voters, other than those who opt for proxy voting (Classified Service Voters).
- The wife of a Service Voter who ordinarily resides with him
- Overseas Voters
Highlights of ETPBS
- It is developed by Election Commission of India with the help of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC).
- It is a fully secured system, having two layers of security. Secrecy is maintained through the use of OTP and PIN and no duplication of casted votes is possible due to the unique QR Code. OTP is required to download the encrypted Electronically Transmitted Postal Ballot file. PIN is required to decrypt, print and deliver ETPB.
- The system facilitates creation of service voter electoral roll data