he Ministry of Commerce and Industry has said that it was looking at identifying select electronic items that could be manufactured in India in large scale like television sets, closed circuit TVs, air conditioners etc, and exported in large quantities.
Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council
Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council (ESC) is India’s apex trade promotion organisation mandated to promote India’s exports of electronics, telecom, computer software and IT enabled services. ESC has built a strong membership base of over 2000 manufacturers and exporters across the country covering the entire gamut of electronics and software industry in the following areas:
- Consumer electronics
- Electronic components
- Computer hardware and peripherals
- Computer software and IT enabled services
In an Industry where the degree of technological obsolescence is very high, ESC is striving hard to elevate India’s position in the international trading arena of electronics and computer software.
ESC offers a varied set of services to its members for accelerating exports:
- ESC undertakes Market Research / Studies in major overseas markets.
- To promote India’s electronics, software and IT trade, ESC facilitates Indian electronics and IT companies participation in :
. Global trade shows / Expositions
. Conferences / Congress
- To enhance the brand equity of Indian IT industry, ESC undertakes publicity and media campaigns in overseas markets and exclusive India pavilions in major trade shows.
- ESC facilitates business interface between Indian and foreign companies through
. Buyer – seller meets
. Receiving and mounting business missions
. Match-making and contact promotion
. sending members trade inquiries, global tenders in electronics and IT.
- ESC maintains India’s export figures for the sectors of electronics, computer software/ services and ITeS. ESC publishes an annual statistical year book having a detailed analysis of India’s export in the above sectors.